The Chambers of commerce of Spain have noticed as principal aims:
- To foster the innovation of SMEs.
- Territorial development.
- Training of immigrants at origin and destination.
- Start-up of programmes to foster tourism.
- Greater collaboration between education, training and business.
These general aims make concrete in others distributed between his principals areas of work: training, creation and development of companies and internationalisation:
- To sponsor educational actions which are more in line with the needs and concerns of businesses.
- To make the experience of Chambers of Commerce in Professional Training known to the world of higher education.This means participating in joint applied research projects.
- To introduce economic and business elements into the educational system which will spark the interest of students in self-employment and the creation of businesses.
Creation and Development of Businesses
- To continue with the programmes intended to foster the insertion of the most disadvantages groups in the workplace, particularly recent university graduates,women and immigrants.
- To gradually incorporate the use of new communication technologies in SMEs.
- To foster, from the Chamber of Commerce Institute for the Creation and Development of Business (INCYDE), the National Network of Business Incubators and to accompany entrepreneurs as they embark upon their business activities.
- To progressively extend the One-Stop-Shop for business creation concept to the entire country to simplify the bureaucracy involved in setting up a business by centralising it in a single administrative act.
- To increase the number of SMEs that export regularly
- To improve the coordination and prevalence of economic criteria in international exchanges.
- To reinforce the identification and promotion of technologically advanced SMEs or companies with their own technology which could be exporters.
- To promote high technology sectors and companies through the Technological Bridges Programmes, in order to balance the technological supply and demand at the international level.This means facilitating the entrance of institutional technology agents and businesses.
- To reduce the geographical concentration of Spanish exports.
- To favour the creation of a country image which more closely reflects the reality of our businesses.
- To implement an International Tender Advisory Programme to palliate the lack of knowledge about of international financial institutions and their procedures for preparing/presenting offers.
- To foster a new program to open markets in order to diversify exports and investment via business encounters with distributors and businessto-business meetings.